D-Series Black Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold
Engine: D15A2, D15B1, D15B2, D15B6, D15B7, D15B8, D15Z1, D16A6, D16Y7, D16Y8, D16Z6
Car: 1988-2000 Honda Civic, CRX, Del Sol
Skunk2’s Pro Series Intake Manifold for most Honda SOHC D-series engines features a larger plenum and oversized runners when compared to the OEM version for maximum horsepower and torque gains. Instead of producing a manifold with a significantly oversized plenum and excessively short runners that would sacrifice mid-range power, the Pro Series manifold was designed for the “street enthusiast” who wants more power but doesn’t want to sacrifice mid-range performance to get it. The results are improved airflow, an enhanced venturi effect, and both mid-range and top-end power gains.
Skunk2’s cast-aluminum Pro Series Intake Manifolds for Honda’s D-series engines are a direct-fit replacement for most D-series engines and are compatible with all factory sensors. Pro Series Intake Manifolds offer horsepower and torque gains greater than competitors’ manifolds but without compromising mid-range power output. The design incorporates specially tapered runners as well as a larger, tapered plenum that together preserve mid-range power but increase and accelerate airflow to allow for significant top-end power gains. Pro Series Intake Manifold runner exits are also machined to best match the cylinder head’s ports. Skunk2’s Pro Series Intake Manifold’s shape and design also increases wave scavenging effects at the engine’s ideal operating range, which allow for a broad increase in usable power.
- Vehicles and/or engines originally equipped with down-flow intake manifolds must use Skunk2 throttle body or similar.
- Not directly compatible with Civic Wagon or Wagovan; clearance modifications required.
- Not directly compatible with '96-'00 Civic; brake proportioning valve and fuel filter clearance required.
- Ideal for turbocharged and naturally aspirated applications.
- 62mm throttle body opening can be port-matched up to 70mm.